refs screw us at the end.. same ol BS - Printable Version
+- Atlanta Falcons Talk (http://atlantafalconstalk.com)
+-- Forum: Falcons Fans Message Boards (/Forum-Falcons-Fans-Message-Boards)
+--- Forum: Talk About The Falcons & So Much More (/Forum-Talk-About-The-Falcons-So-Much-More)
+--- Thread: refs screw us at the end.. same ol BS (/Thread-refs-screw-us-at-the-end-same-ol-BS)
RE: refs screw us at the end.. same ol BS - FullMetalFalcon23 - 01-21-2013 04:23 AM
Refs did not cost us the game. The untimely and in characteristic errors cost us. The ref's errors compounded the loss.
1 Int. it wasnt anyone's fault. Culliver played smart sitting at the top of the 1st down. But Matt threw it at the right place low and outside where he would have had to go through Roddy to get the ball. Roddy slipping its not his fault it's bad luck otherwise that could have been 3 points minimum there.
2. Matt had played a brilliant game and this was another great drive being orchestrated. Matt obviously wanted to go for the kill his tempo was up his speed and reads were up and it was costly for us as he fumbled the snap not looking it in as securely as he usually does. Still I'm not mad about this the offense was lights out. They aren't going to score on every drive and it wouldn't be a competitive sport if you just went up and down field cock slapping your opponent.
3. What also cost us this game in my opinion was the following.
- Time out. You could tell Matt was pissed and rightly so. Burning timeouts on stuff isn't planned doesn't help you is poor. It's bad execution or preparation. At this point in the season you shouldn't be in that position. That's on the receivers as they were both confused and switching positions. Having that timeout would have given us around a minute to get down there. More of a chance than 7 seconds
- Personal fouls that improved field position or saved drives. 1 was flimsy the other I think should not have counted as they were both wrestling each other and Nich just won.
- Stephen Nicholas big fan he works hard but giving the refs a reason to throw the flag on him was dumb. Several times he seemed just locked in. Not being situationally aware. He could have dropped back on that boot touch down the pursuit was on Kaepernick. He could have gained yards with his feet but he would have been stopped. Instead he was able to drop it up n over Nich mainly because Nich just tried to mow him down. Play with a Smarter head.
On to the refs. Very inconsistent. And to be honest I get why people are feeling shafted
Nich gets called for throwing celek off of him. The play was over. Whistle was blown and you could see Celek still going at it and Nich clearly trying to get him off of him. Eventually he got the leverage and got the guy off off him. I think it should have been a no call or offsetting calls on both.
Yet when Jacquizz Rogers after the play is called off gets picked up and dropped to the floor nothing is called at all. Clearly taken off his feet by a group of players and then just dumped. Not a call was made. That was bullshit in my opinion.
Kaepernick gets his head tapped. We've seen and benefitted from it. I don't agree with it. It's incidental contact. No malice let all players play. It seemed not to matter when Aldon Smith incidentally touched Matt's Helmet.
The bigger issue for me was Matt get piled on no attempt was made not to drop the weight down on Matt all the force was there. Yet no call. That's inconsistent and detrimental to the players game. You know Matt is tough but clearly that hurt him.
Referees need to be made accountable for shit like this. In Rugby before the review system was put in place referees could lose their fee for bad games. Maybe something similar needs to happen here.
I'm gonna start a new thread that addresses some things I want to say. Y'all will be hearing from me again real soon.
RE: refs screw us at the end.. same ol BS - ViperXX79 - 01-21-2013 05:32 AM
RE: refs screw us at the end.. same ol BS - UCSBDirtyBird - 01-21-2013 05:43 AM
There were BS calls both ways. The offense didn't score in the second half, and the D gave up 30. The review on Harry Douglas's catch very likely should have gone the other way. The refs weren't biased, they just weren't great.
RE: refs screw us at the end.. same ol BS - AUTiger7222 - 01-21-2013 03:10 PM
(01-21-2013 04:23 AM)FullMetalFalcon23 Wrote: Refs did not cost us the game. The untimely and in characteristic errors cost us. The ref's errors compounded the loss.
RE: refs screw us at the end.. same ol BS - Xanthri - 01-21-2013 03:14 PM
agree with all of those points....I posted many of them in another thread.....can't blame one but ALL factored in.....
RE: refs screw us at the end.. same ol BS - NCFalconfan - 01-22-2013 12:27 AM
All I hope for on the officiating front is consistency. Didn't see it yesterday, but then again I don't see it all that often in the NFL. It is what it is.