Falcons: Great Stat - Printable Version
+- Atlanta Falcons Talk (http://atlantafalconstalk.com)
+-- Forum: Falcons Fans Message Boards (/Forum-Falcons-Fans-Message-Boards)
+--- Forum: Talk About The Falcons & So Much More (/Forum-Talk-About-The-Falcons-So-Much-More)
+--- Thread: Falcons: Great Stat (/Thread-Falcons-Great-Stat)
Great Stat - AUTiger7222 - 01-19-2013 02:49 AM
Home underdogs in conference title games are 8-7 all-time. That's 8-7 straight up and 8-7 against the spread. RISE UP!
RE: Great Stat - Jesus - 01-19-2013 10:16 AM
8-7 isn't the most awe inspiring stat but I'll take it.
RE: Great Stat - phocis850 - 01-19-2013 10:17 AM
Who said we are the underdog?
We aren't the Jaguars.
RE: Great Stat - AUTiger7222 - 01-19-2013 01:14 PM
Have you seen the betting line? Have you seen the media picks? The Falcons are clear underdogs in the eyes of the public. Being an underdogs isn't bad, it's always good to be the underdogs.
RE: Great Stat - phocis850 - 01-19-2013 01:30 PM
(01-19-2013 01:14 PM)AUTiger7222 Wrote: Have you seen the betting line? Have you seen the media picks? The Falcons are clear underdogs in the eyes of the public. Being an underdogs isn't bad, it's always good to be the underdogs.
But we aren't. We have the better team.
RE: Great Stat - juraitwaluzka - 01-19-2013 01:41 PM
Honestly you could make a case either way. Both teams are damn good. Either is capable of winning. Personally I think the teams are pretty evenly matched and the win will come down to game plan and execution more than "this team is better than that team". Trying to decide who's best between these two gets too much into the land of subjectivity for me to make a definitive statement.
Besides, it doesn't really matter anyway. We just need to be better on Sunday, they can have the rest. I don't think many would argue that the 98 Vikings were the "better team", but we were better that day and that's all that matters in the end.
RE: Great Stat - Xanthri - 01-19-2013 11:31 PM
This stat is not inspiring....I like the #1 versus #2 seed stat.....I think they have met like 5 or 6 times and I think only once did the #2 get there....since 1975 the top seed in the NFC:
8 times the #1 seed lost in the divisional game (we dodged that bullet)
has only lost in the Championship game 8 times.
Has advanced to the superbowl - 21 TIMES!
lost SB - 7 times
Won SB - 14 times
So going into tomorrow we have a 25 % chance of losing, 25% chance of advancing to Superbowl and losing, and 50 percent chance of advancing and winning the whole F%^&ing thing...
THAT is a STAT for you!!!!
RE: Great Stat - Koyukon - 01-19-2013 11:38 PM
(01-19-2013 11:31 PM)Xanthri Wrote: This stat is not inspiring....I like the #1 versus #2 seed stat.....I think they have met like 5 or 6 times and I think only once did the #2 get there....since 1975 the top seed in the NFC:
RE: Great Stat - AUTiger7222 - 01-20-2013 02:01 AM
Yes we know we have the better team. But no one else thinks we have the better team. Reading Bill Walsh's book he told his team before every game that they were they were a 1-point underdog. He told them all kinds of shitty reasons for why the other team didn't respect them and how they needed to show the whole world that they were the better team.
Like I said. Being an underdog works, especially for our Falcons. They play better when the whole world is picking them to fall flat on their face.