What am I missing? - Printable Version
+- Atlanta Falcons Talk (http://atlantafalconstalk.com)
+-- Forum: Falcons Fans Message Boards (/Forum-Falcons-Fans-Message-Boards)
+--- Forum: Talk About The Falcons & So Much More (/Forum-Talk-About-The-Falcons-So-Much-More)
+--- Thread: What am I missing? (/Thread-What-am-I-missing)
Pages: 1 2
What am I missing? - Xanthri - 01-18-2013 02:21 PM
Tired of hearing how 49ers will pound us....so let's debunk some of those reasons.
1. Kaepernick will beat us - ok 180 against GB, previous 5 games he didn't have huge yardage....with the pressure we gave wilson I think we Kaep won't be patient and that will cost him. He is also 1-1 indoors and tends to struggle in those games, not a prolific passer and will have to be to beat us. He is no RW when it comes to passing on the run.
2. Gore - not better than Lynch....I think we can control him by getting up early and forcing them into passing game. Additionally Gore is disgrunteld with young QB taking spotlight. Doesn't see read option as real football and wants ball more.
3. SF Defense - Personally, I think SEA DBs are better and we have seen SF give up points....SEA was better than SF in opponents scoring....and we put 31 on them....we can get 31 and keep them under 27.
4. Vernon Davis - 1 catch in last 5 games....no chemistry with CK..and he has harped a bit about it..I would be more worried when D. Walker is on the field....good thing his hands are not as good!
5. Crabtree - I like our Secondary we gave 221 (many were garbage late) to Calvin Johnson and ZERO TDs...I think if we can do that to CJ we will be alright versus Crabtree - he is their biggest threat for passing game.
6. D-line will kill our O-line - they are good but we control that by burning them a few times early with our 2 minute offense and punching them in the lip on a few blitzes - SEA had lost their top DE - but they admitted with our WR/TE corps they could not afford to put more pressure without giving up coverage....
7. Look what SEA did to us late - DUH our guys were having an easy time and got LAZY and RELAXED...SEA coming back was the BEST thing that could have happen to wake us up and make us realize that we need 60 FULL minutes of Falcons football! Had we beat them handily, we might be overconfident with 49ers coming in.....the 49ers winning big and us squeaking one.....BODES WELL FOR US!
What we have....
1. Bend don't break give them yards not TDs! Their kicker is suspect and has had a bad year! I think our kicker will be a huge factor in this win!
2. BEST WR/TE Corps left in the playoffs! Nuff said.....those who say Davis is better TE in this game need to look to chemistry factor....and shut the hell up.
3. Ability to run (when we want to go there) - I think we need to come out firing and get a couple of TDs early...then I would LOVE to see us run it down their throat until the switch their defense....then we switch back to passing game.....
4. Great Screen game we need to use it wisely....
5. The ability for the big play, it is there but we need Matt to avoid the big plays until we eat them alive in the 10-15 range....then when they adjust to stop that take those shots downfield.....I think we need to be extremely careful about trying to go for the big play TOO early.....get 1st downs and use the clock, run them down a bit then kick them in the teeth.
6. The crowd....WILL BE HUGE, THEY CAN RATTLE CK! GET LOUD ATL! RISE UP!
7. 34-6 Matt Ryan at Home - he is DUE for a HUGE home game.....I just feel it....this week no INTs unless he is running for his life all day! HE needs that quick release all day long!
8. Tony G - He has one win....He is hungry for two more....unfortunately he will retire when we win......He should come back as a TE/WR coach.....I love what he has done for us!
9. Quizz - another X-factor! I wish we would have used him and Turner a bit more against SEA...I thought while they were getting the chunks we should have fed them more......
So we know few media think we will win....we are all tired of hearing it....would love to SHUT THEM UP at least until the two weeks leading up to the Superbowl.......I think unless Ravens win we are the Underdog.....that said I wouldn't be surprised to see the Media make us the underdog anyway.....
THIS IS OUR YEAR....I FELT IT EARLY IN THE SEASON.....I told my buddy after our very mundane preseason that if our DBs played well (because I knew grimes was out and I worried about that) that we could make a run for the superbowl......I am CONVINCED we can and WILL win the whole thing!
Re: What am I missing? - juraitwaluzka - 01-18-2013 02:53 PM
I would love to see a Falcons, Ravens super bowl, if for no other reason than it is exactly what outsiders don't want to see.
RE: What am I missing? - Xanthri - 01-18-2013 02:56 PM
Oh one other thing that will factor in heavily.....PENALTIES
Falcons ranked #1
49ers ranked #27 - you don't think the crowd is important...they are huge for false starts.....they will make TOO many mistakes!
RE: What am I missing? - NZFalcon - 01-18-2013 06:23 PM
Isnt the championship games the same as last year once you swap us with the Giants. Obviously that means we win the superbowl this year over the Patriots...
RE: What am I missing? - nativefalcon - 01-18-2013 07:24 PM
(01-18-2013 02:53 PM)juraitwaluzka Wrote: I would love to see a Falcons, Ravens super bowl, if for no other reason than it is exactly what outsiders don't want to see.
Exactly, they don't want us to be there, because its not sexy, like another 49ers Pats game is. I'm with you I would rather it be a Falcons Ravens super bowl. Battle of the birds. Also Trent Dilfer would look hilarious eating crow, If ryan won a ring, like Dude shut the fuck up and you don't know football, were a shitty QB and get Tony G to replace him. lol
RE: What am I missing? - phocis850 - 01-18-2013 09:35 PM
If we beat Tom Brady in the SuperBowl, then it would validate the win.
RE: What am I missing? - AUTiger7222 - 01-19-2013 02:53 AM
(01-18-2013 07:24 PM)nativefalcon Wrote: Exactly, they don't want us to be there, because its not sexy, like another 49ers Pats game is. I'm with you I would rather it be a Falcons Ravens super bowl. Battle of the birds. Also Trent Dilfer would look hilarious eating crow, If ryan won a ring, like Dude shut the fuck up and you don't know football, were a shitty QB and get Tony G to replace him. lol
What are you talking about? Dilfer has been a Falcons supporter all season and has been a huge Matt Ryan supporter this season?
Re: RE: What am I missing? - juraitwaluzka - 01-19-2013 11:43 AM
(01-19-2013 02:53 AM)AUTiger7222 Wrote: What are you talking about? Dilfer has been a Falcons supporter all season and has been a huge Matt Ryan supporter this season?
Yeah surprisingly every time I've seen Dilfer this season he's been surprisingly reasonable, even in his criticism.
RE: What am I missing? - Xanthri - 01-19-2013 11:17 PM
Dilfer has typically been hugely anti-falcons....and Ryan....he used to bad mouth Ryan and talk about how great Flacco was......
not sure why he started supporting....perhaps he finally saw the light...or he got tired of Falcon's fan threatening to beat him silly!
RE: What am I missing? - AUTiger7222 - 01-20-2013 02:04 AM
(01-19-2013 11:17 PM)Xanthri Wrote: Dilfer has typically been hugely anti-falcons....and Ryan....he used to bad mouth Ryan and talk about how great Flacco was......
We didn't like it when he said we wouldn't win a playoff game in 2010 or 2011 but he was right. This year he said we won win in the playoffs and we did. He has given Ryan plenty of credit this season. Early in the season when Ryan was playing out of his mind he was on Dilfer's Dimes every week and Ryan was loving it.