Board Rules - Printable Version
+- Atlanta Falcons Talk (http://atlantafalconstalk.com)
+-- Forum: Falcons Fans Message Boards (/Forum-Falcons-Fans-Message-Boards)
+--- Forum: Talk About The Falcons & So Much More (/Forum-Talk-About-The-Falcons-So-Much-More)
+--- Thread: Board Rules (/Thread-Board-Rules--4557)
Board Rules - Peyton - 09-14-2010 08:32 PM
Ok, here is a short list, but they will be enforced strictly.
1. Treat everyone with respect. Since we started the site late last week, we've had fantastic debate among a wide variety of opinions with everyone treating each other with respect. If you were a name caller or a person who started threads defining a "real fan" at a different site, don't do that here. Any thread I see that implies that a "real fan" wouldn't criticize this or that - it won't be recieved well. I hate that garbage.
2. Any fan of another team that comes in and starts randomly ripping the Falcons or Falcons players with stupid stuff will just be sent packing. If they come in and have civil debate / discussion, they are welcome here.
3. Anybody who starts threads with the sole purpose of being a jack ass will be sent packing. That's left up to the mods discretion, so ask yourself when you start a thread, "could this thread be construed as being started just so I can be a jackass?"
4. NEW RULE - I've reference this many times on the board, but I feel the need to add it to the rule list. Don't use "group speak" to circumvent rule number 1. If you are in debate with someone on the board, don't say "what a bunch of morons we have on this board" in an attempt to get away with calling that person a moron without being disciplined. It's not in the spirit of this web site. PM me if you need clarification on this.
5. Drop the "agenda" comments. Everyone here has an agenda. It's called an opinion. We all want to prove ours right. That is all of our agendas when we have debates on this site.
6. Rules 1-5 are not up for debate.
That's the rules for now. We will add more as we see fit. Thank you all for joining and I hope you find this forum as enjoyable as I think it can be.
RE: Board Rules - Dale4Saul2Red0 - 09-14-2010 08:34 PM
Is Rule 4 up for debate??? You might want to sticky this BTW for all incoming members.
RE: Board Rules - JKH5785 - 09-14-2010 08:35 PM
RE: Board Rules - Peyton - 09-14-2010 08:35 PM
(09-14-2010 08:34 PM)Dale4Saul2Red0 Wrote: Is Rule 4 up for debate??? You might want to sticky this BTW for all incoming members.
You got me there.
RE: Board Rules - Snelling44 - 09-14-2010 08:36 PM
Word about the real fan stuff.
RE: Board Rules - The Falcon Jedi - 09-14-2010 08:37 PM
Great Job Peyton. We got your back.
RE: Board Rules - RnB - 09-14-2010 08:45 PM
Good idea to lay down some groundwork, Peyton. All three are solid in my book.
RE: Board Rules - papachaz - 09-14-2010 08:57 PM
you know just one of the many things i like here is when a mod deserves a +1 i can give it! you got another from me peyton, simple rules, easy to read and understand, easy to follow.
i just wish we could "smite" here too, i just really loved the sound of that, never had to use it though...LOL
RE: Board Rules - The Falcon Jedi - 09-14-2010 08:59 PM
Definite +1 from me too. Thanks Peyton!
RE: Board Rules - Holic - 09-14-2010 09:00 PM
Sounds good Peyton!