As For Peter King... - Printable Version
+- Atlanta Falcons Talk (http://atlantafalconstalk.com)
+-- Forum: Falcons Fans Message Boards (/Forum-Falcons-Fans-Message-Boards)
+--- Forum: Talk About The Falcons & So Much More (/Forum-Talk-About-The-Falcons-So-Much-More)
+--- Thread: As For Peter King... (/Thread-As-For-Peter-King)
As For Peter King... - Jesus - 11-15-2010 01:59 PM
He took a moment to remove Mark Sanchez from his mouth to write up his rankings...
The Fine Fifteen
Gerard Warren and Tully Banta-Cain converge on Ben Roethlisberger for one of the Patriots' five sacks on Sunday night.
1. VACANT. Sorry. I watched every good team in football last Thursday and over the weekend, and there isn't a number one. I guess if there were one, I'd take the team that beat Detroit and Cleveland, both in overtime, over the last eight days. That team is ...
2. New York Jets (7-2). Mark Sanchez one day will draft a line of demarcation on his career, and the line will come before Sunday's game in Cleveland. That was a powerfully strong performance against many odds and one very bad calf.
3. New England (7-2). Al Michaels said five minutes into the second quarter Sunday night: "The Pittsburgh Steelers ... 18 offensive plays, 18 yards.'' Tully Banta-Cain, Rob Ninkovich, Devin McCourty -- those are becoming prime-time players and we'd better get to know their names.
4. Atlanta (7-2). Matt Ryan can win big games. That's what I take from Thursday night's pulse-pounder over Baltimore, and it's a great sign for games with Green Bay and New Orleans coming up in the season's last seven weeks.
5. Green Bay (6-3). Now we find out if the Pack's for real: Starting Sunday, three of their games within the next month are at Minnesota (in their last meeting, presumably, with Brett Favre), at Atlanta and at New England. Killer sked, Pack.
6. Baltimore (6-3). Played the Falcons very close in Atlanta.
No number one but if he could pick one it would be the team that barely squeaked past two lousy teams. Remember we've beaten 3 first place teams this year, but that's not enough.
He does have nice things to say about Ryan, White and even Weems.
RE: As For Peter King... - papachaz - 11-15-2010 02:32 PM
who cares? i mean really, who freakin cares? we're winning. i don't give a red rats ass (no offense meant to rats with red asses of course) what anyone in the media thinks or says.
you are what your record says you are. right now, our record says we lead our division AND our conference. I like it....
RE: As For Peter King... - g-dawg - 11-15-2010 02:52 PM
(11-15-2010 01:59 PM)Jesus Wrote: Link
I'm calling bullshit on this one....only 1st place team we have beaten is Baltimore. If you want to say Saints were in 1st place when we beat them - that is a weak argument. We have beaten no other 1st place teams - so you exaggerated by two teams. Bucs were tied w/ Falcons for 1st place but they were not solely in first place and are tied for 2nd place w/ Saints. Neither Saints/Bucs are in 1st place now - when you throw that out there it makes it sound like you are saying Falcons have beaten three teams that are currently in 1st place - which is not the case.
Wins: Cards, Saints, Niners, Browns, Bengals, Bucs, Ravens
Falcons have quality wins but not as you say.......Jesus!
RE: As For Peter King... - Jesus - 11-15-2010 04:28 PM
(11-15-2010 02:52 PM)g-dawg Wrote: I'm calling bullshit on this one....only 1st place team we have beaten is Baltimore. If you want to say Saints were in 1st place when we beat them - that is a weak argument. We have beaten no other 1st place teams - so you exaggerated by two teams. Bucs were tied w/ Falcons for 1st place but they were not solely in first place and are tied for 2nd place w/ Saints. Neither Saints/Bucs are in 1st place now - when you throw that out there it makes it sound like you are saying Falcons have beaten three teams that are currently in 1st place - which is not the case.
Once you beat a team that was in first place they no longer are. That's a part of winning. Bucs were tied as you say that means they were in first place. When we beat the saints they were 2-0 and in first place hence we beat a first place team. You can apply your logic but it is what it is.
RE: As For Peter King... - DemBirds - 11-15-2010 04:39 PM
The Cardinals were a first place team when we beat them as well
RE: As For Peter King... - RFlagg - 11-15-2010 04:55 PM
Here's a list of our opponents and their record at game time
What's more important is what we've done against teams that currently have a winning record. Here's a table for that:
We aren't beating up on cupcakes, we're playing some tough football teams, and we've been doing pretty well against them.